Founded in 1859, the Austrian Presseclub Concordia is the oldest press club in the world. The original intention of its founders was to provide a platform to support struggling journalists. Today, while still serving as an advocate for the professional interests of journalists, above all of over 580 members, Presseclub Concordia has broadened its mission to include the following:
After having been dissolved and expropriated by the Nazi party in 1938, Concordia was refounded in 1946. Twelve years later it was given its new headquarters by the Austrian government. The Concordia House can be found at Bankgasse 8 in the heart of Vienna’s government district. Its opulent rooms can be booked to hold events such as press conferences and panel discussions.
Booking our rooms
We offer two rooms to rent for press conferences, discussions or presentations.
Our hall can be equipped to suit the individual needs of a variety of audiences with alternative seating options. It holds up to 100 people maximum. There are three categories available for booking our hall:
The club room
Our club room features a podium for four individuals. It holds 15 people in coffee house furnishing and 25 when equipped in cinema style.